From wikipedia: "A next-generation firewall (NGFW) is a part of the third generation of firewall technology, combining a traditional firewall with other network device filtering functionalities, such as an application firewall using in-line deep packet inspection (DPI), an intrusion prevention system (IPS). Other techniques might also be employed, such as TLS/SSL encrypted traffic inspection, website filtering, QoS/bandwidth management, antivirus inspection and third-party identity management integration (i.e. LDAP, RADIUS, Active Directory)."
CIO Applications magazine has published a list of the Top 25 security companies of 2018.
A link to the training programs offered by EC-Council. Training programs include:
Visiongain has written a report on the Top 100 cyber security companies to watch in 2018.
Gartner Identifies the Top Six Security and Risk Management Trends:
- Trend No. 1: Senior Business Executives Are Finally Becoming Aware That Cybersecurity Has a Significant Impact on the Ability to Achieve Business Goals and Protect Corporate Reputation
- Trend No. 2: Legal and Regulatory Mandates on Data Protection Practices Are Impacting Digital Business Plans and Demanding Increased Emphasis on Data Liabilities
- Trend No. 3: Security Products Are Rapidly Exploiting Cloud Delivery to Provide More-Agile Solutions
- Trend No. 4: Machine Learning Is Providing Value in Simple Tasks and Elevating Suspicious Events for Human Analysis
- Trend No. 5: Security Buying Decisions Are Increasingly Based on Geopolitical Factors Along With Traditional Buying Considerations
- Trend No. 6: Dangerous Concentrations of Digital Power Are Driving Decentralization Efforts at Several Levels in the Ecosystem
Read the full article here.